Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Picturing Texts on the Web









Here is a link to the website I found: Black and White Photography

I am not sure how to compare this website and what is discussed in Picturing Texts. However, there are a lot of pictures that I can compare. A blog about black and white photography definitely has photos of contrast. The contrast between light and dark is classic and eternal. I see a pattern on this website in the types of pictures that are featured. This website shows a great deal of pictures dealing with architecture and water. Also, there are many shots from a particular point of view: there is a shot from Newport Beach that is sort of ground level; a shot from Sydney Opera House that has the photographer looking up, almost in awe of the building; someone posted a picture of the Sydney skyline that is breathtaking. In each of the photos, as a viewer, I feel as though I am viewing the picture up close and from my own point of view.

It is clear that texts are secondary. The little text that appears is below each photograph and on the sides. In terms of balance, the web page plays attention to what is important, which are the pictures.


No comments: